We are beyond grateful for our CHSLC volunteers. They make a world of difference in the lives of our clients. Time and time again we observe certain qualities in our volunteers – qualities that make them the stellar volunteers that that they are. Our volunteers show:
- Generosity – a willingness to give their time to others
- Understanding – because our clients’ lives are often very different from their own
- Empathy – an ability to put themselves in someone else’s shoes and feel what they must feel
- Compassion – to truly care about making someone else’s life better
- Patience – because the process doesn’t always go as smoothly as it might
- Dedication – to stick with the project and see it through
Thank you to our volunteers for all that you do! Now it’s time to brag a bit about what our volunteers have accomplished this year. From April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016:
- 407 volunteers served 2,460 clients while donating an incredible 68,134 hours of time!
- Our Hospice/Palliative Care volunteers provided support to 194 clients in their homes, the hospital setting and at our Hospice Day program. This support and compassion was also extended to families facing the loss of loved ones via caregiver support and bereavement support programs.
- Our Meals On Wheels volunteers delivered over 39,000 hot and frozen meals to more than 400 clients. For many seniors, the trusted Meals On Wheels volunteer who comes to their door with a warm smile is the only person they speak to or see all day.
- Our Diner’s Club volunteers served over 5,000 meals and provided entertaining, insightful and fun programs to more than 400 clients.
- Our Escorted Transportation volunteers drove nearly one million kilometres, ensuring that 794 clients got to their medical appointments and treatments on time, and helped them navigate through the hospital hallways.
- Whether it is a short chat on the telephone or a visit at home, our Friendly Visiting/Security Reassurance volunteers provided more than 900 clients with a sense of security and friendship.
- And let’s not forget all of our volunteers who helped with awareness events, musical events and fundraisers over the past year.
Once again, our volunteers have proven the difference they make in the lives of our clients, seniors, adults with physical disabilities, and persons who have been diagnosed with a life-limiting illness and/or palliative diagnosis. To all of our amazing volunteers who go above and beyond to help our clients, THANK YOU!!!
Volunteer with us! We have a variety of programs and services and our volunteers are integral to their success. Whether it’s once a week or once a month, we need your help! Visit Volunteer with CHSLC for more information. We’ll work around your schedule to find a volunteer position that best suits your interests and skill set.
Featured photo: A small group of our dedicated volunteers in Pakenham.